Tuesday, May 17, 2011

waffles

"Blueberry waffles are so delicious." I eagerly took another bite and poured more syrup. There was nothing like a stack of waffles to greet you in the morning.


"You know what's even better? Blueberry pancakes." He cut into a stack of three pancakes while looking at my waffles. "Your breakfast looks too decorative. Food is to eat, not to make into art."


I shrugged. That's his opinion, even though it's wrong. "Yeah well, your pancakes look like you sat on them. They're so flat and squished." I smiled at him all the while thinking about eating something that someone sat on. Ew, gross.


He laughed, but it didn't seem very genuine. "They're not squished! Besides, your waffles look like someone punched squares all over them, and that's weird."


I put down my fork. "That's the design, stupid. Waffles look like that!" I glared at him. "Your pancakes look like sandpaper cut out in shapes of circles!"


He pushed back from the table angrily and stood up, his nose flaring. "You liar! You just like squares, you square!"


I stood up too, breathing heavily. "At least I'm not trying to eat a shape that I'm going to turn into!"


He sputtered, pointing at me. Then he calmed down and folded his arms, looking down at me with anger in his eyes. "You know what I really think?" He leaned closer and chuckled darkly. "I think waffles suck. They taste bad."


I gasped and pushed him away. "You take that back!"


"Make me!"


My eyes narrowed. Oh, I will.





No comments:

Post a Comment