Wednesday, May 11, 2011

pine nut

The pine tree looked down on his fellow shrubs and plants. "I am the greatest among you!" he roared to them. "I am the tallest, the strongest, and the most attractive here. You will obey me!"

A small bush shook angrily, scaring a nearby squirrel. "You're also the craziest!" he squealed. "You will get chopped down before any of us!"

The pine tree moved its long branches gloatingly. "You sad, old bush, you're just jealous. You wish you could grow taller, but you only get fatter!" The pine tree shook excitedly. "One day I'll become so powerful, I'll turn into a human!"

"But until then, you'll only get peed on by the dogs!" screamed a weed. His friends snickered and danced in the wind.

"They're right, you're a nut! You're just crazy!" said the old bush.

Just then a boy walked by carrying a brown paper bag. "I love pine nuts!" he said, throwing something in the air and catching it with his mouth. "I could eat them all day!"

The bush and the weeds laughed uproariously while the pine tree shivered in fright.


No comments:

Post a Comment