Friday, May 27, 2011

crumbs

"Lemon Pistachio, Pumpkin Bliss, Chocolate Razzle." My eyes greedily glazed over the colorful decorated sweets, all of which hold a kind of promise to them. "This place has everything!"

"I love cupcakes," agreed my sister. She casually looked over the labels and pointed at a cupcake with pink frosting. "This one's my favorite. Do you want anything?"

Her voice seemed a mile away. The cupcake was beautiful, sitting there so innocently behind the clear glass. It definitely was Love At First Bite for me.

An elbow poked into my side. "Uh, hello? Do you want anything?"

I shook my head, my mouth salivating at the thought of the soft cake inside my mouth. "I shouldn't," I heard myself saying. "I should be watching my weight."

My sister laughed and ordered one Pretty in Pink cupcake. "Just take half," she said, handing it to me as she paid the lady at the register. "I bet you'll like this one. I know it looks delicious, but wait till you eat -" Her mouth dropped open as she looked at my empty hand. "Where did it go?"

It was too late. The crumbs on my face gave me away.


No comments:

Post a Comment