Friday, February 11, 2011

letters in the mail

I love Confessions of a Shopaholic. I love Becky Bloomwood and can totally identify with her. Sometimes she has crazy weird ideas that you just can't understand, and then there are those moments when you think, "Wow! This fictional character's sure a genius!"


I don't remember in which book she writes this, but Becky pitches an idea about a service where you pay them to send you things in the mail. Letters, gifts, flowers, whatever. It's just something nice to go home to after a hard day, and even if you're really paying people to send you stuff (so you're sending yourself gifts, essentially) it still cheers you up and makes you feel unhappy. Of course until you realize you're desperate and sad and lonely. You know, that's when it gets sad.


Anyway, I wrote a card to my friend back in LA for Valentine's Day because she couldn't be up here this weekend when she wanted to be. Also because I miss her, but that's beside the point. She's funny and nice and always has the lookout for good sales and cheap prices. I wonder if she'll think the card's a waste of postage?

No comments:

Post a Comment