Saturday, August 27, 2011

prance

"If I prance away like a little girl, would you follow me?"


It was weird to hear the question asked from such a low, masculine voice. "I would be concerned for your mental health."


"But you would follow me then. Would you? Isn't that unsafe?"


"You think I'd be afraid if you were doing that?"


"Could be a tactic to lower your guard."


"Could be emasculating to your reputation."


A scoff. "What makes you think I care what people think about me?"


Shrug. Who knows. "Don't you care what I think about you? And why are you asking me stupid questions?"


See that little smile playing on his lips? "Do me a favor. Look at me for a second."


"And risk fatal blindness? You wish."


"Come on, just turn a bit. So you can see me."


Deep sigh. Fine. "What?"


"You're smiling."


"So are you. What's your point?"


He reaches into his pocket and takes out a small box. "Want to know what's inside?"


Faster thumping in the chest. Tightening of fists. "Not really." Yes.


He opens it. A diamond.


I knew it.


He snaps it closed. "Will you run after me now?"


I laugh and there's a chase.




Tumblr_ldv3pzbnup1qe8us8o1_500_large

2 comments: