Tuesday, August 9, 2011

effervescent

She was shining with effervescence, her mouth stretched widely into a grin and her eyes gleaming brightly in the light. Her whole body seemed to glow from within and spread throughout her entire body, from her toes to her fingertips. She was alight with something, something that was not part of her.


"What are you so happy about?" I asked.


She turned her head so that her eyes were on me, but I could tell she didn't see me. Her face was blank but radiant. "I saw a light," she said dreamily, "and it was beautiful."


I furrowed my brows. "What are you talking about?"


She turned away and smiled gently, sighing. "The light was beautiful. I want to touch it." Her eyes closed and her smile grew. "I can feel it calling me."


She walked ahead and reached out her arms, embracing the light as it came and engulfed her completely.




I never saw her again.






2 comments: