Thursday, August 4, 2011

chills

It's been a year since I've been to the beach, but I can remember it so well. If I close my eyes, I can still feel the hot sand under my feet, its grains trickling in between my toes and allowing me to sink into the land just a little bit. I can hear the distant sounds of splashing and laughing as I walk closer and closer to the water until I can smell the ocean and taste its saltiness on my tongue. The sand is wet and packed here, a hint to how cold the water will be once I'm ready.

I don't need my eyes to see the blue-green waters, powerfully rolling in until they come to shore as small waves. The sun shines and sparkles the water, and I feel torn because the glare hurts my eyes but at the same time the beauty of the ocean intrigues me. I take a few steps and stop just as the tide comes in and washes over my toes, my feet, up to my ankles. It's colder than I expected. I get chills just as the water pulls away back to the ocean.

Name: Beach -  on the beach beach

No comments:

Post a Comment